mostly pointless meanderings

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Temporary insanity

The Depo shots have evened me out quite a bit, it seems. I do still have a couple of days at the end of the month that get rough, however - when the normal menstrual cycle would start. Today is April 29th. I'm at the point that a little voice inside my head is screaming "shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up!!!!" almost every time somebody says something.

Mom may get out of the hospital on Monday. They think they've got the diagnosis right, finally - pyoderma gangrenosum. It took a week & a half to rule everything else out, basically.

I try to ignore dad when he mutters "nigger blah blah blah" when Barack Obama is on television. I've not heard him say it in front of the kids again, so that's some progress.

I'm currently in the strange position of taking care of my parents - but I don't know if they need me to step in and take over, and take care of them, and I'm pretty sure they're not at the place where they WANT me to step in and take over. Part of me says I should just go ahead and move out, but then I'd be driving over all the time anyway... although there's that voice in my head that asks why drive over all the time? Either they're able to take care of themselves or they aren't...

I'm going to play rummy cubes and ignore the world for a little while. (I found a mac rummy cubes game! woohoo!) Hope all of you are doing well. Go have a cup of tea.

No comments:

Contributors