mostly pointless meanderings

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's 2am and my head hurts

Bitch bitch whine.

Have spent the last thirty minutes or so perusing Red Carpet Fashions and I have to ask -

do they pick ugly models on purpose?
do they tell the models to put on that face - you know, it's either "I hate you all" or "this place smells" - I think I might have seen ONE smiling.

I already think it's insanely stupid to model your fashion on walking sticks when most of the population does not (and will never) look like that - aside from the fact that I just don't think women that are that skinny are attractive. At all. If I wanted to see bones, I'd go for my anatomy book. What's wonderful about women is their CURVES. Sexy, soft or strong, curves. Why hold up as a feminine ideal somebody who looks like a concentration camp survivor? (Not to belittle concentration camp victims, but you know what I mean. At least they didn't starve THEMSELVES out of some perverted ideal of beauty.)

I'm going to try to go to sleep now. If those two tylenol pm don't kick in soon, I'm gonna cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, long time no post... welcome back!

Models for those runway shows are just meant to be clothes hangers; the designers don't want you thinking about the model's figure, they want the attention to be on the fashion.

Did you read the article about Queen Latifah on that site with the picture of her in the purple gown? http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/01/my-2-minute-chat-with-queen-latifah.html

Hawkmistress said...

OMG, somebody out there still reads?

OMG IT'S YOU!

Holy shit, I've not kept up with ANYBODY lately - how have you been? I have to go read up on all I've missed!

Yeah, I got so worn down and exhausted with everything, I basically just took a total break. Haven't read anybody's blogs, nothing.

As for the runway models - they sure as hell LOOK like clothes hangers, so if that's what they're going for, it worked. :) Aside from the absolutely freakish & bizarre things they do to those women's makeup & hair.

But I have to say, I'd like to see what a dress looks like ON A WOMAN'S CURVES, you know what I mean? I mean, these clothes are (ostensibly!) designed for women to actually wear... otherwise, why not just put them on a hanger and have it mechanically moved up & down the runway? That'd probably be cheaper!

I'd not seen that article - but I was pleased that there were actually several larger women at some of the red carpet pictures - I thought it was really cool a) that they were there! and b) that they had some good looking gowns on. (Speaking as a fat chick, it's hard to find clothes for fat people that aren't cut like tents or made out of paisley. It gets really old. Then again, I would guess if I had as much money as Queen Latifah, I'd be able to get somebody to make me a gown that looked decent on me!)

Contributors