mostly pointless meanderings

Monday, August 14, 2006

Have I created a list of "things I never want to see again" yet?

If I haven't, this is the start of it, and number one on the list of things I never want to see again is this: my husband being taken out of the house on a gurney to a waiting ambulance.

I'm not sure if anything will beat that to make number 1. Hopefully neither of my children, you know?

It's ten PM, and he's evidently fine, I'm waiting to hear more details. I know they're planning on doing a CT scan, that his EKG was okay, that his blood pressure and pulse rate is okay, and that he was cracking jokes in typical Justin fashion. His brother is up there with him, for which I am eternally grateful. They've not admitted him, and it doesn't look like they're going to.

So any well wishes wafted his way would be appreciated.

And I'm going to try not to stress about (and not to let him stress about) the hospital bills. Heh.

5 comments:

The Kaiser said...

So what happened that caused him to be taken out of the house on a gurney?

Hawkmistress said...

Well, we're still not entirely sure - they think there's a slipped disc in his neck that is causing the numb left arm. His blood pressure spiraling up crazily was probably a combination of stress and the dosage needing to be readdressed. His pulse being so high and nail beds turning blue was probably stress, and his pale clamminess was probably due to feeling crappy.

Add them all together, of course, and the after hours nurse recommended I call 911 and have the paramedics look at him to make sure he wasn't having a heart attack.

The Kaiser said...

Indeed. I would have recommended the same thing.

Sorry to hear that J is feeling poorly. Give him my best.

unMuse said...

What a strange week. I have been taking care of mine in my house since tuesday. He wasn't able to get up off my couch because of his back and firemen had to carry him down my stairs so I could go and sit with him for hours at the ER.

he had a muscle spasm brought on by either a hairline fractured back and a compressed disk somewhere around L5 i think.

Hawkmistress said...

It's an epidemic!

It's funny; I saw you on my buddy list the other day and wondered what you'd been up to - now I know, huh?

J, fortunately, has had no lasting problems, other than the numbness in the arm and the occasional twinge.

How about yours? Have they figured out if it's fracture, compression, slip, what? Back troubles SUCK.

And Bill - he thanks you for the well wishes, and asks what you're up to. :) I told him well, the blog only gives you the faintest of outlines, but it's there.

Contributors