mostly pointless meanderings

Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm sure this is normal

I mean, I know everybody has this kind of stuff happen to them. I mean, heck, poor Dan is running from the cops. But to have Justin have heatstroke from mowing the lawn at the old house; for us to slide into a ditch on Lipona that required a tow truck and some ingenuity (I was sure the side panels would be all dented, but no, it didn't actually come up that high) - the only reason we didn't flip over into the ditch was because Justin knew at the point of no return to actually steer INTO the ditch rather than fight it (which is what I would have done); and to have a phone call from Sharif (who evidently does like it) offering us cash for our old house. (!!) It's either a) a scam b) one of those "buy houses cheap foreclosure guys or c) some rich guy named Sharif d) who may want to not go through a bank and therefore avoid that level of scrutiny. (In that order of likelihood, too.)

This is on top of a normal weekend with two kids under four - tantrums, playing, not enough sleep, going down the escalator, potty training...

Sleeping for a week. I very rarely have had a time in my life when I've not been willing to take that offer.

Off to research...

No comments:

Contributors