mostly pointless meanderings

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Okay, never thought I'd say anything nice about this lunatic, but...

I'm sure by now you've seen the video of Tom Cruise talking about Scientology.  (I read a transcript.) 

Yes, he's insane.  Yes, I think his disdain for mental health practitioners and medication is downright dangerous.  Yes, I feel sorry for his daughter, and everybody else who's been brainwashed into thinking Scientology has the answers.

But you know what?  He's trying to make the world a better place.  He feels a responsibility to help.  

And while lunatics trying to save the world and recreate it in their ideal image has caused untold misery and death (communism, the Inquisition, Crusades, etc.) -- I have to at least give him credit for thinking about the rest of humanity.

It's more than a lot of celebrities do.

No comments:

Contributors