mostly pointless meanderings

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Marie rocks!


But not as much as Elton John. 

Marie calls me up at 7pm and says "Hey, wanna come to the Elton John concert? I've got free tickets and you &  J can come!"   J didn't feel up to it, but told me to go and have fun.  I have to say, even though in the past I've not been a big Elton John fan, I REALLY enjoyed myself.  This man has so much fun on stage, it's hard not to smile watching him.  And very classy, too - apologized that his illness had made it hard on us here in Tallahassee when he'd had to reschedule; then after being called back on stage for his encore, he went down the front of the stage and signed a bunch of stuff for all the people clustered there, then sat down and played more.  

The sunglasses were smaller than I was expecting.  :)

2 comments:

The Kaiser said...

You're right about the glasses. When the photo first popped up and I had yet to pay attention to any words I thought "Why does she have a picture of Horatio Sands up, and why does he appear to be doing a live show? Did someone create a CSI:Miami musical?". Then I briefly considered stabbing out my own eyes or trying to cut my own throat, because I wasn't sure I wanted to live in a world with a CSI:Miami traveling Broadway show, but then I noticed you said it was Elton John.

In retrospect, I think it is irresponsible of Mr. John to wear such small sunglasses.

Hawkmistress said...

I've been mentally composing songs for a CSI:Miami musical for days now.

Contributors