mostly pointless meanderings

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

heading out to get my prescriptions

This is the reason I got the prescription for xanax, or whatever it is.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/02/hitchens-after-being-waterboarded-believe-me-its-torture/

I'm finishing up reading this article, and my three year old son came in, and asked me (pointing at the picture) "Who's that?"

I said "That's a reporter... experiencing being... waterboarded."

And then it hit me, and I started to cry.

THIS is the country that I am bringing up my son in. A country that does this to people.

3 comments:

T.H. Elliott said...

That looks rough.

Hey, I was talking to AK and I realized I know you, sort of. Your Mom was my science teacher in sixth grade I think, and we met at some point. Small world.

Hawkmistress said...

It's funny, I knew I knew you, but couldn't remember from where, and figured I'd just met you thru AK.

So you survived one year of mom's science class, huh? How long were you in the torture system otherwise known as catholic school?

T.H. Elliott said...

Only 3 years, just from 6 to 8th grade. I liked her class actually. I got in trouble for reading a book, but she let me keep it because it was Tolkien. She said she could sympathize with a Tolkien fan.

Contributors