mostly pointless meanderings

Monday, May 09, 2005

Self-medicating

Hey, if anybody out there wants to do me a good turn, surprise me with a gallon of coffee liqueur. The cheap stuff is fine, I mix it with milk and drink it over ice. I'm anticipating the next 11 days will be really crappy, and today I was in the "sit down with a romance novel and eat a pint of chocolate ice cream" mood.

For those of you who don't know me - I don't read romance novels.

Science fiction, yes. Fantasy, yes. History, biographies, even textbooks on occasion.... but I don't read romance novels unless I'm somewhere and out of reading material, which means I've already read all available labels and backs of cereal boxes and am desperate for a reading fix.

Yes, I'm a reading addict. Why do you think I've never tried drugs? If I'm this bad an escapist with literature, imagine what would happen were I to try something stronger?

Of course, I say that in a post whilst talking about my plans to drink.

Anyway, it'll be nice that the weekend after our anniversary is the weekend after J quits with JVA, so we'll maybe actually be able to spend some quality time together.

In the meantime... anybody got any kahlua? I figure there's less fat in that than a container of ice cream. And whilst I haven't really done anything towards my goal of getting slim and sexy for the wedding we're going to in January, I'd like to not screw the pooch totally on that.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors