mostly pointless meanderings

Sunday, May 29, 2005

wow, sometimes when you ask fate for an answer, you get a prompt response...

Okay, so Sunday mornings are my morning out - J watches the kids, and I usually go to some coffee shop with net access to drink froofy drinks and play on my iBook, or read, or whatever. So I'm sitting in the coffee shop, organizing my email, surfing the web, and reloading music on my iPod, when a guy comes in with a backpack and sits down next to me.

I figured at some point he was going to talk to me, as he sat down at the table right next to me, and sat down facing the same direction as I was - when there were other tables available, etc. But then, maybe he was there because it was relatively close to the outlet on the wall next to me, so I didn't think any more about it until he asked me how long I'd had my iBook.

So we started up a very nice conversation - what do you know, an intelligent person! His name is Adam, he's married (good), he's in med school and is looking to start a practice in the panhandle... we had a nice long chat about technology issues, amongst other things - I think he might be a kindred spirit! Here's to hoping. *makes toast with my leftover iced chai*


OH, and if you need a laugh, go watch this - if I hadn't had an asleep baby on my lap, I would have been on the FLOOR. It's hard to laugh that hard and try not to move or make any noise...

1 comment:

unMuse said...

that is freaking hilarious :) [simmons on who's line?]

it's always nice to find like souls. i have done a bit of that recently and it has been such a gounding.

Blog Archive

Contributors