mostly pointless meanderings

Sunday, July 22, 2007

What an AWESOME little application

Any of y'all out there heard of "Monolingual"? Because my friend Patrick is the shiznit, it was already on my computer - I clicked on it a few minutes ago to see what the heck it was.

It deletes all the language files for programs that you don't need. (I really am not going to used simplified chinese, no matter what the program, thanks)

I HAVE ALREADY REGAINED MORE THAN A GIG OF HARD DRIVE SPACE AND IT'S STILL RUNNING.

Sweet. If I tried to do this by hand, I'd be here until Christmas. I should find whoever wrote this little gem and send them cookies. (And Patrick, too, for putting it on my computer. Thanks, Patrick!!)

2 comments:

T.H. Elliott said...

Sounds cool, I need to check that out. I am in charge of laptop images for work, and this could save some space on the image.

Hawkmistress said...

The newest version of the application also lets you remove unneeded architectures - for example, I have a PowerPC mac; so I removed the stuff from the operating system & all programs that are specifically for Intel macs - DAMN, lemme tell you, THAT saved a bundle of room!

Contributors