mostly pointless meanderings

Thursday, September 14, 2006

So many things to read...

There are over four hundred items in my newsfire thing, with more being added every few minutes. There are some amazingly intelligent people out there blogging about politics. (There are some mind blowingly stupid ones too, of course. Bell curve, and all that.) During the 9/11 media blitz bullshit, one of the things I heard was on the Diane Rehm show, asking people how their lives had changed since the attack. I was thinking about it - I've become more political, more politically active. Hardly a week goes by that I'm not emailing somebody about something. (I have my congressman's number in my phone memory, how's that.) I've always been a registered independent, but I'm actually thinking of changing that now. While I still think the two party system is flawed and crappy, it's what we've got right now, and if I stand on the outside saying "hey, it would be better to do it THIS WAY" but don't actually get in and work with the current system to make a difference... that's less than helpful. (And besides, I'm tired of not being able to vote in the primaries, dammit. Unless I move to Wisconsin or something, I'm pretty much out of luck there.)

I have to say, tho, Bush's administration has made it easier to become more politically active. I've never become so incensed so frequently. If I didn't spew about it here, my head would have exploded by now. So the links I put here the other day are just a tiny example of the stuff I skim on a pretty much daily basis. If anybody's interested in the list of what I read, don't hesitate to ask. There's some great stuff out there. At some point I'll finally have my website back up with all the

OH MY GOD IS THAT ACTUALLY THE HUNGARIAN AMBASSADOR?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors