mostly pointless meanderings

Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy MLKJr Day

Yesterday I attempted my first baked good with gluten-free flour. I used soy flour for peanut butter cookies. Big hit! Both J & Patrick loved them. They tasted better cooked than raw, actually - that raw soy taste is a bit overwhelming.

Good day yesterday. J picked up some rye wasa at the store and came back to feed me smoked salmon, cream cheese & capers on wasa for breakfast. Yummmmmm. And mimosas!

The house is mostly clean, too - there's some clutter from the kids yesterday that I need to jump on before it multiplies. Our bedroom is a disaster area, but I'm hoping to work on that today. I really want my desk cleaned off so I can work at it!

So if you'd like to come over & play, please do - I'm carless today, and I'm thinking about making a big southern breakfast.

No comments:

Contributors