mostly pointless meanderings

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year, everybody

It's only the fifth, and it's alerady been a hectic year. Or it feels like it to me, anyway. I am once more reminded of my intense desire to have twelve or so of me to get everything done. I'm hoping that my attempts at organizing the household and reminding myself what is and is not a reasonable expectation will improve my sanity this year.

I had an interesting dream night before last... two old schoolmates from middle school were in it, and in the dream they were the kind of close friends I've always wanted. I felt totally comfortable with them, we knew we cared about each other, we were mature, dependable people - no baggage, no drama, no bullshit. We remembered each others' birthdays, likes, dislikes, spouses' birthdays, children's ages...

My counselor reminds me that these years are the hardest; young children, buying a house, etc.

No comments:

Contributors