mostly pointless meanderings

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Well, it was nice to get out of the house, anyway...

Went with my friend Paddy to see Son Volt last night at Club Down Under. The songs of Son Volt I've heard I've liked, but they sound different live. The recordings I heard have the singer(s)' voice(s) mixed in such a way that you hear the voices more than the instruments - but at the concert the instruments were WAY louder - which made the band sound more like a mix of REM, Toad the Wet Sprocket, and They Might Be Giants. (All of which I like, actually, but on recordings they sound more countryish, which is what I was expecting.) The main problem was that it was SO FUCKING LOUD. (Pardon my swearing, but it was awful.) The #($*@$@( sound guy kept turning up the volume - I wanted to go slap his hand and take over the board! Part of it was where we were sitting - I don't remember ever having been at Club Down Under before, but we were in the cave downstairs. Bad place to hear a band.

The opening act, however, was awesome. Patrick bought her CD - her name is Shannon McNally and I really like her too. (She's not hard to look at, either. {grin} Patrick joked that he's going to become her stalker.)

J was an unbelievable sweetie; he volunteered to stay home & watch the kids since last time he got to go out without me - he even got both of them asleep! And Christian didn't cry himself sick! WOOHOO!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again - lucky, lucky me.

Moira is back at school today after being kinda sick yesterday - I let her get lots of sleep; hopefully that nipped it in the bud.

Now to get busy with the fifty million things on my to-do list. TTFN!

No comments:

Contributors