mostly pointless meanderings

Thursday, December 28, 2006

More on my platform

On the Iraq war:

Partially because I paid attention to history, and partially because I'm aware of certain psychological issues that make a difference to people, I knew that going in and taking out Saddam Hussein had a one in a million chance of working. Add to that our dumb-ass cowboy president and his stupid defense secretary who MADE NO PLANS FOR POST INVASION, and it was doomed from the start. I sincerely doubt I would have voted to give his sorry ass permission to invade in the first place. I'm not sure what kind of 'evidence' of WMD the people up on the Hill were shown; perhaps it would have convinced me - but I doubt it. So, if it were up to me, we probably wouldn't be there in the first damn place.

However, having said that - we're there now. I honestly have no idea how to "fix" it. Part of me thinks we should just take all our troops out immediately. Part of me thinks we should go back in the files and pull out the Marshall Plans and actually rebuild the fucking country the right way - which includes stringing war profiteers up by their thumbs, the bloodsucking cockroaches. If it's been proven that you're purposefully overcharging the army for supplies, you don't get future contracts. That should be a given, don't you think? I agree with Eisenhower - the military-industrial complex is a sneaky horror that has sucked enough money and blood from this country over the decades. I haven't read the Iraq Advisory Group's report, but from what I've heard of it, it makes sense. Personally, I think our entire foreign policy should get a major overhaul. That requires a whole lot more detail than I can go into right now. My hand already hurts from typing.

More to come when I'm feeling like it.

No comments:

Contributors