mostly pointless meanderings

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

avoiding the news and my budget sheet

I've been paranoid for the last several years that a big crash was coming. I've had a little voice in the back of my head saying "you should really get a garden going... can vegetables... learn to hunt and dress different animals..." Basically preparing for the collapse of civilization. Having not done any of that, I console myself with the thought that if civilization collapses, the resulting anarchy would probably result in our deaths anyway - look at the bloodshed already taking place in New Orleans.

So I'm lying here, listening to my "calm & soothing" playlist on iTunes, and seeing how many things I can find in Graeme Base's Animalia. My old friend Rebecca introduced me to him with his Eleventh Hour mystery book, which I absolutely adored. I was going to get all geeky and start a list, but I'm falling asleep, so I think I'm going to get some rest. Good night, all.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors