mostly pointless meanderings

Saturday, August 13, 2005

What a day

I have to agree with Khang, I think I like this one best as well. Having a kick-ass camera pays off!

I love The Straight Dope. Threadspotting is always good, and this thread sounds like a conversation my friends and I would have. Or have had, come to think of it. I remember J & Bill comparing the Hundred Acre Woods characters to WWII countries/leaders. Very entertaining; it's things like that that make me miss Bill. I have an anniversary card to send him - they got married sometime in August, I don't know when. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Uncle Patrick took both J & I out to dinner tonight - we had a WONDERFUL time. The food at Clusters & Hops is divine - I'd never eaten there before; had always just bought cheese or wine or somesuch. Mom watched the kids for us, which was really nice of her, especially since it had just been the first day of school and she was tired. I'm not going to tell her that I'm planning on going to Mass this weekend; I don't feel like getting into an involved conversation with her right now.

We put the contract in on the house today. Our realtor called us an hour or so later and said "You won't believe this... somebody put in a contract on the house last night." Months of no action, then bam! out of the blue. So, we're hoping that they decide they don't want it, but we know the likelihood is slim and are continuing to look for a house to buy. All the ones I've seen so far & called about have been "sale pending."

Today was the orientation at Moira's school - I think she's going to really enjoy it. Miss Elizabeth, her teacher, seems really sweet.

And I am really tired and am going to go to sleep.

2 comments:

The Kaiser said...

Hi, it's Bill!
Mar and I got married , well, actually a year ago today. Thankyou for thinking about us.

Sorry I've not been in touch, but don't feel left out, I've not been in touch with anyone regularly. There's something about the combination of working at night and the time difference that makes it a bitch to ever get in touch. E-mail is better, but I tend to forget to check it.
Anyway, I'm in touch now!
Congrats on the house.

Hawkmistress said...

Holy shit! Hi, Bill! Happy Anniversary! The card is still sitting on my bar because I never did figure out which Robinson in Seattle was you. ;) I considered making duplicate cards and sending them to all of them, but that would have been just freaky.

Having worked at night myself I can say that it makes the time go by in a slightly surreal way; add a time difference to that and I'm not surprised we don't hear more from y'all. But it's great to hear from you! I don't know what email you're using now, or I'd reply there. I'm at myfirstname@mylastname.net (which you'll be able to fill in the blanks easily, and damn the spambots)

We're excited about the house - too bad you two won't be able to come to the housewarming party. :) But if you're ever in town, we'd love to have y'all over for dinner or something. J still loves to cook.

Tell your lovely wife I said hello and congratulations, she caught a good one.

Blog Archive

Contributors