mostly pointless meanderings

Friday, August 12, 2005

wow I'm tired

We didn't get back from Tampa until 3am - but Tori was wonderful. I got to hear Hey Jupiter live, and during her "Tori's Piano Bar" time (where she plays requests people have sent in to the website) she played Burning Ring of Fire - I couldn't stop laughing, but it was really well done. Then she played I'm On Fire (by Springsteen) and I cracked up again. Khang got some really good pictures, it looked like (we've got our sneaking-the-camera-routine down pat now. heehee) and I can't wait to see them. I've gotta lose some weight; I was looking at what she was wearing and thinking "hrm, that looks comfy and like something I'd like to wear...' but if I tried to wear it now, I'd look like a lumpy pillow that got caught in a wheat thresher.

We were behind the cutest gay couple (actually, we were pretty much surrounded by gay couples); these two guys were really sweet. Khang & I skipped the opening acts to have dinner - thai food! Yummm. He was nice enough to help me look up Alessi bakery - my mom grew up in Tampa and said their cuban bread was amazing - but they were already closed, so I couldn't bring her back a loaf.

Logan was sweet enough to watch the kids for me from 3 until J got off work yesterday; we made really good time on the trip down, thank goodness.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors