mostly pointless meanderings

Sunday, October 01, 2006

The phone calls I get...

My aunt left me a message today. She said she wanted to install some software she had just gotten, and in attempting to follow the instructions that say "please make sure all other programs are closed" she wanted to know if that meant windows, too, and if so, how did she close windows? It automatically opened every time she started the computer up.

*sigh*

Is there a resource for people this illiterate? I mean, where can I send her, besides me? Because it's been years that I've been getting questions like this one (how do I save attachments, where did my attachments from AOL save to, I did so and so last time but this time it's not working, how do I save a file, how do I save a picture, how do I cut and paste, I know you already explained this to me once but can you tell me one more time) and I've been running perilously close to the FUCK ALL OF YOU edge for the last year or so and it's getting worse daily. I wonder if computers for dummies comes in an audiobook...

And don't get me started on the questions that mom asks J, which are slightly less idiotic.

1 comment:

The Kaiser said...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/388b/

Buy a matching set of those. Wear them pointedly to every family gathering.

Blog Archive

Contributors