mostly pointless meanderings

Monday, October 30, 2006

Remember when I said that I'd kept saying "It's not a bad day....

..... because nobody's died"? Well, I was wrong. I just didn't find out about it until today.

My friend Sarah's (who was Maid of Honor at my 1st wedding, and my best friend throughout most of high school) father (well, step-) died on her birthday last tuesday. Ken was a professor at FSU, he was smart as hell, smart-aleck, funny, patient with us... Sarah said he'd gone downhill a lot in the last year, and was just sick of it, so three weeks ago he stopped eating and drinking.

I have a hard time imagining what it's like to watch that. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it.

So, that puts my kvetching into perspective.

I'm going to go start packing and cleaning and whatnot. (Yes, we're moving again. No, I don't want to hear it.)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors