mostly pointless meanderings

Thursday, March 23, 2006

tired posts aren't anywhere near as fun as drunk posts

If the time stamp on this entry is correct, you'll see that I'm writing this at ten til 3. AM.

I just got back from my parents' house. Dad fell out of bed trying to get to the bathroom. Mom called a neighbor who helped her get him up (bless them; am dropping by a thank you card in the morning) and after dad messed up the bed, I brought underbed pads etc.

You'd think changing diapers for 3 years would make me immune to the smell of poo. I gotta say, 85 yr old man poo smells a lot different than toddler poo. Yikes.

Anyway, I'm just now beginning to get a taste of what it's going to be like to have elderly parents and be an only child. I've been worried about it for years, but I don't think I was prepared.

I'm now wondering how much that house down the street is listed at.

Sleepy time now. Must get myself more in order in the morning.

No comments:

Contributors