mostly pointless meanderings

Sunday, March 12, 2006

What a year

It's only March, but I feel like we've been running full tilt for most of the past 3 months.

Dad's still in the rehab hospital, but he's doing well, and he might get to come home this week. We need to do some work to the house to make it safer for him to come & go & move around - if you know a good local contractor, please let me know, as some of it is extensive work. (Both the bathrooms need to be replaced)

My brother came down this weekend with his wife and two kids - okay, well, half-brother. It was good to see him. Even if he is a republican.

My sister-in-law and her two kids are now in town... I'm not sure if she's talking to me or not, and I'm not in the mood to deal with drama, so hopefully things will go smoothly.

And the news du jour: my mood swings have started up again. *sigh* Well, I had three years of relative sanity, so hopefully I can use those as a sort of litmus test for where I'm at emotionally at any given point. I just realized that only part of the reason for my recent weight gain was that I'm a lazy couch potato that doesn't eat particularly well - the weight gain with zoloft is 15-20lbs. Urgh. Hard to not be depressed when you put on extra weight. :) I think I'll ask my doc about Wellbutrin. And J did some research and discovered that ultradian cycling might be caused by a thyroid imbalance, and that synthroid, when given to some people, balances out the mood swings - whether they've tested hypothyridic or not. So it looks like I have a few options; we'll see what happens.

As soon as I can afford to get a bicycle, I'm going to start riding again! I actually have three people that are willing to go riding with me (one of which being J, but he doesn't have a bike yet either) and I can't wait. I'm hoping to get the kids one of those bike trailer things so they can sit in it and ride along - them both being too young to _bike_ the St. Mark's trail with us, and I don't feel safe with a baby seat thing up on the bike. I'm not that coordinated.

Anybody got a bike they wanna donate?

Anyway, it's almost 11:30 and I need to go to sleep. I hope all is well with y'all out there in electronville; have a good week.

No comments:

Contributors