mostly pointless meanderings

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I should have fucking tape recorded myself

So I'm having a grumpy morning. The phone rings, it's my parents' house. I tell J I'm not going to answer the phone; I'm doing dishes and in no mood to talk anyway. So the house phone stops ringing. Then my cell rings. Then the house phone again (still mom) and J says "you sure you don't want to get it? It might be important..." and I go off. I say that's why we have voicemail, dammit, she can leave a message. It's probably just that they're out of bread. Yes, sure, I can get you bread, it's not like I have anything ELSE to do with my time!

I continue loading the dishwasher forcefully. He takes the kids to play with them (and keep them out of my way, bless him). A few minutes later, I go ahead and check the messages to see if it was indeed something urgent (dad's fallen again, we're on our way to the ER, something like that.)

I would have laughed if I'd not been so pissy.

"Just wanted to know if you were going to be out & about today or going by a store, because we're out of bread so if you could pick some up we'd really appreciate it."

I think I'm going to start drinking heavily.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors