mostly pointless meanderings

Saturday, April 23, 2005

It is way too early to be up on a Saturday.

Of course, that means I get to enjoy the post-rain chillyness and birdong... it's weird, it's almost May and it's still nippy outside - it's AWESOME. It's so nice that it's not sweltering yet.

Last night was a lot of fun. Mom came over after work on her way home, I gave her a foot massage with some vitamin E oil (yay Burt's Bees) and used the warm water massage/bubble foot bath... J made a wonderful bicolor cheese tortilini with marinara sauce that had buffalo, sauted onions, button mushrooms... yum yum yum. We listened to music; it's the first time J & I have spent an evening listening to music and singing along in a looong time. (I'd forgotten how sexy a musical man is - rowr!) It was fun, we were exposing mom to all sorts of neato things - Sting, Alison Krauss, The Pogues, They Might Be Giants, Billy Joel, Old Crow Medicine Hour, Bob Dylan, Jeff Buckley, Flying Burrito Bothers, Graham Parsons - it was wonderful. J even got his guitar out later, and picked out some songs... Both kids fell asleep in our arms.

Hell, I keep falling asleep sitting up here in the recliner.

I think it might have been the music, or perhaps the herbal tea but I had some amazingly vivid dreams last night. Vivid, dramatic, evil, disturbing, and thank goodness going away right now.

I'm going to go make myself some tea.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors