mostly pointless meanderings

Monday, November 27, 2006

Is it just me, or does Big Bird sound different?

I had read this comic at Somethingpositive.net (not your mother's comic strip) and now I'm wondering, as I sit here at my parents' house and my son watches "Journey to Ernie"... I'm going to go see if Carroll Spinney is still okay. I'm sure if he died there would be a big deal made about it (at least as big as OJ) - come on, this is BIG BIRD!

AHA, mine ears did not deceive me! From Wikipedia: "In recent years Spinney has had to minimize his time performing Big Bird, due to his age. The literally heavy responsibility of performing Big Bird has gone to Matt Vogel, who performs the character in the regular "Journey to Ernie" segment, and to a very limited extent, Rick Lyon."

The world turns, and our time upon this stage is so brief in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, as soon as I'm done with breakfast, and looking to see if there are any studies at Shands for hormone imbalance type things, I'm going to get to work here at my parents' house. Wish me luck, I'm fighting years of packrat piling.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors