mostly pointless meanderings

Monday, November 20, 2006

Okay, okay, YES, I'm picky

My wristwatch is getting rusty (wtf?! I thought Timex had lifetime guarantees or something?) so I'm looking for a watch again. This time, I'm not compromising - I know exactly what I want, and what I need, and I'm willing to pay for it (especially if it won't start rusting or pitting after a year or two).

I just can't find it.

You know those men's watches that have everything? You know how hard it is to find a women's version of that? I'm fat, but I'm short and underneath the fat have relatively fine bones - I don't want a huge watch banging around on my wrist.

I need a watch that

keeps time (duh)
has alarms (4 daily alarms and 1 snooze seems common, I could really use that)
a countdown timer (the 24hr one - the ones that only go up to 60 minutes are useless)
preferably has hands (analog)
has a date (day and date a bonus)
is water resistant (I'm a mommy)
indiglo backlight thing useful
is metal (none of these goofy sports watches with rubber bands, I'm done with those.)

if it's got a nice leather band, I could stand that too.


I don't want time zones in 27 cities, a stopwatch, telememo pages, changeable face color plates, or any of that other stuff. Help! I'm going to peruse Froogle tonight while lying in bed, maybe it'll come up with something.

2 comments:

The Kaiser said...

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=48094756&parent_category_rn=40002409

It's not metal, but you could probably get a watchmaker or or something to yank the band off and put a leather one on.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-LDF-10-7AVEF-Poptone-Digital-Watch/dp/B000HZWVOQ/sr=1-2/qid=1164159162/ref=sr_1_2/026-3927149-4614820?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

This one doesn't have all the alarms you want, and it looks weird, but is metal. It's also from Amazon's UK site, so I don't know how much trouble it would be to get it shipped.

http://watchfactory.net/product/B0009DXRYO/Merchant/CASIO-Black-Baby-G-Womens-Squa.htm

This one is pretty damn close to what you want.

Hawkmistress said...

Dude, you rock - I didn't think anybody was going to leave me links! Thanks!

Blog Archive

Contributors